Monday, May 22, 2006

Eurovision 2006 in Review

Do yourself a favor and download the songs from Eurovision 2006 and check out the Eurovision website. My picks and pans:

"Loca" by Arsenium & Natalia Gordienko (Moldova) is a hit, baby.

The UK should be banned from Eurovision 2007 after sending Daz Sampson to Athens to sing that bloody rubbish "Teenage Life."

Which reminds me, don't invite Albania back to Eurovision. Ever.

Hey, Portugal. This is Eurovision, for crying out loud, not a high school talent show. Shame on you.

If I played for the Astros, my at bat song, if not already taken, would be "Moja Stikla" by Croatia's Severina.

Estonian diva Sandra's upbeat "Through my Window" is a really great song, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't have that "it" I'm looking for in a Eurovision winner.

Finnish KISS knock-off band Lordi? Please. I can't believe they won with "Hard Rock Hallelujah." Somebody in Helsinki must have dirrrrty pics of the panel. According to luridtransom, the real winner of Eurovision 2006 is Norwegian bombshell Christine Guldbrandsen. Give "Alvedansen" a spin, and I think you'll agree. For the non-Norwegian speakers, "Alvedansen" means "Elves' Dance."

No comments: