Friday, January 05, 2007

Shopaholic

The Meyerland Circuit City is the Radio Shack of Circuit Cities. It’s poorly lit, disorganized, dirty and foul smelling. I was there recently in search of iPod accessories. I began my search in the aisle under a large sign heralding “iPods and iPod Accessories.” Not surprisingly, there was neither an iPod nor an iPod accessory to be seen. There were, however, all manner of digital photo printers to bolster your consumer confidence. I asked the guys at a nearby cell phone kiosk to direct me to the iPod section. A cell phone salesman in a nauseatingly awful suit replied, “We have cell phones with iPod features. Would you like to buy one of those?”

It turns out the iPods and iPod accessories are in the computer section. But the point is I spent $700 on two iPod cell phones, and it was worth every penny.

No comments: