Monday, August 15, 2011

H-E-B has 30 days to install a bike rack before I call for a city-wide boycott.

H-E-B
Attention: Customer Relations Department
P.O. Box 839999
San Antonio, TX 78283

August 15, 2011

Re: You should put in a bike rack at the Lincoln Heights H-E-B.

Dear H-E-B:

It recently came to my attention that the Lincoln Heights H-E-B doesn’t have a bike rack. This is very disappointing as I had planned to start riding my bike to the store. I’m told some people chain their bikes to a wooden flower display stand outside, but this is certainly less than ideal. I spoke to the store manager about the lack of a bike rack (I forget her name), and she said only the suits in corporate could approve installing a bike rack. Huh.

H-E-B supports community health and fitness and clean air, right? If so, please demonstrate that commitment by installing a proper bike rack. It should be cheap and simple – just buy a welded bike rack and anchor it to the sidewalk. (If you have any questions about procurement or installation, Whole Foods at the Quarry has one, so you might ask them.)

Thanks in advance for installing a bike rack at the Lincoln Heights H-E-B. I look forward to riding my bike to the store to buy groceries.

Very truly yours,
luridtransom

No comments: