Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Letters from Lamar.

Dear luridtransom,

Thank you for contacting me about taxes and H.R. 1527, the Taxpayer Receipt Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

We agree that Americans are overtaxed. Lamar, you are LYING. I never said Americans are overtaxed. If you don't believe me, find the email I sent you and show me where it says Americans are overtaxed. You're a damn LIAR.

History tells us that tax reductions generate strong economic growth. They enable Americans to save, invest and spend more of their income. This creates a business environment that rewards creativity and innovation.

In the past, I have supported tax relief plans that benefit all taxpayers by reducing the marginal tax rate for all brackets, repealing the estate tax, increasing the child tax credit, and addressing the issue of the marriage tax penalty.

H.R. 1527 require [sic] the Secretary of the Treasury to provide each individual taxpayer a receipt for an income tax payment which itemizes the portion of the payment which is allocable to various Government spending categories. This bill has been referred to the House Ways and Means Committee, of which I am not a member. Be assured that as Congress considers legislation on this issue, I will continue to support reducing the tax burden on Americans.

Sincerely,
Lamar Smith
Member of Congress

Gentle Reader - For ease of reference, here's the question I posed to Congressman Smith regarding H.R. 1527: Are you FOR or AGAINST H.B. 1527?

I guess Lamar can't wrap his brain around my question because he's not on the House Ways and Means Committee. I hope you're proud, 21st District. I hope you're proud.

No comments: