Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You will have my views in mind? What views? I didn't tell you my views. I asked you a FOR/AGAINST question you didn't answer. Can you even read?

Dear luridtransom,

Many thanks for your thoughtfulness in forwarding a copy of Ezra Klein's insightful article. I appreciate having the benefit of this information.

We agree that all seniors should receive adequate and affordable health care. Over its thirty-two year history, Medicare has provided important services to millions of Americans. However, due to the rising cost of health care and the increasing number of individuals over the age of 65, Medicare will soon become insolvent if the program is not reformed.

Congress has increased, in the short term, the life expectancy of the Medicare trust fund. But Medicare still faces many challenges due to unexpected increases in medical cost. I will support only those changes that do not penalize our nation's seniors.

It is always helpful to receive input from friends and constituents. Be assured that I will have your views in mind when legislation concerning these matters are considered in the House.

For more information on my work in Congress or to send me an electronic message, please visit the 21st District's website, http://lamarsmith.house.gov.

Sincerely,
Lamar Smith
Member of Congress

No comments: