Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The case against Democracy.



Dear Sen. Landrieu:

I saw a story in the Washington Post where you introduced legislation to protect Americans' inalienable right to one free checked bag.

You were quoted as follows:

“Many airlines consider checking a bag not to be a right, but a privilege — and one with a hefty fee attached,” said Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.), who has introduced legislation that would “guarantee passengers one checked bag without the financial burden of paying a fee, or the headache of trying to fit everything into a carry-on.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/bill-targets-airline-fees-for-checked-luggage/2011/11/21/gIQAl5pHjN_story.html

Hey, great idea Senator. I tell you what else - I am sick and tired of restaurants charging for cheeseburgers. It is my RIGHT as an American to at least one free cheeseburger. Particularly in this economy, Americans should not have to bear the financial burden of paying for cheeseburgers. Too many restaurants consider me getting a cheeseburger not a right, but a privilege. And one they get to charge me money for - or as you might say it, "with a hefty fee attached." It's time for justice.

Now Senator, you probably think I'm not serious, and you're thinking to yourself that free cheeseburgers and free checked bags are completely unrelated. If so, please explain. Really, I want you to tell me how it's different. Otherwise, I look forward to pulling through the drive-thru and exercising my Constitutional right to a free delicious cheeseburger!

Regards,
luridtransom

No comments: