Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's my money, and I want it now.

We hear repeatedly how parts of the Affordable Health Care Act (a/k/a Obamacare, like Sharpsburg/Antietam) are popular with Americans, while others are not. Specifically, Americans like the part where insurers can't turn you down for a pre-existing condition. Americans don't like the part where everybody has to buy insurance (a/k/a Unconstitutional Mandate).

Shocking. Hey, I like the part of my job where they hand me a paycheck. It's the part where I have to work that I don't like.

Look, here's the option. Would you prefer:

(a) No denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions AND a requirement that all Americans must purchase coverage; or

(b) No requirement to purchase coverage, but insurers can deny you for pre-existing conditions (i.e. status quo).

That's the choice. You have to pick one of those two options. But, I guess it's just us and the rest of the 1% who understand that.

No comments: